Already had an abortion and don’t want another one? You have options for your unplanned pregnancy: parenting and adoption.
Keep reading to learn more about each option. Or, if you want to talk to someone about your pregnancy and learn about free services and resources, contact Pregnancy Help Center today to schedule a free, confidential appointment.
Parenting is just one of your pregnancy options if you don’t want to have another abortion.
While parenting might feel impossible right now, it’s important to know that no one ever feels truly prepared to parent. However, many women in your situation have chosen to parent and found it to be the most rewarding decision they’ve ever made.
When considering whether parenting is right for you, it can help to ask yourself the following questions:
- What might your life look like if you choose to parent?
- How might you feel if you choose to parent?
- How might your life feel if you don’t choose to parent?
Parenting is a complex choice, but resources are available to help you feel supported and empowered to parent successfully.
At Pregnancy Help Center, we offer free parenting and life skills courses, opportunities to earn baby items, and community referrals to help with things like housing, prenatal healthcare, and more.
Adoption is an option that’s full of choices. You might be surprised to learn that your wishes and desires are at the center of the adoption process.
Adoption requires creating an adoption plan, which outlines what you want to happen. There are three main types of adoption plans that are customizable, and they include:
- Open Adoption: If you want to openly communicate with the adoptive family and child and want to have potential visits, this option is for you. With open adoption, you get to decide what level of communication you’re comfortable with and how communication will take place. Keep in mind that open adoptions are not legally enforceable in Missouri.
- Semi-Open Adoption: This is similar to open adoption, except all communication is mediated by a third party, like the adoption agency.
- Closed Adoption: If you want to remain anonymous and have no communication with the adoptive family or child, this option is for you.
We’re Here for You
Navigating your pregnancy options can feel overwhelming, but you’re not alone in this. At Pregnancy Help Center, we’re here for you.
Contact us today to connect with one of our caring team members and learn more about our free pregnancy services.