So you think she’s pregnant? Here’s some quick advice that may be helpful right now:
- LISTEN: The situation involves more than just you.
- STAY CALM: She needs your support now more than ever.
- TALK ABOUT IT: Not only with each other, but prepare to talk with parents and others close to the situation. Hiding the news from people who can genuinely help you only increases the stress.
- GATHER ALL THE FACTS: Get all the information and seek wise counsel so you can make the best decision for both of you.
- EXPRESS YOURSELF HONESTLY: It’s normal to have feelings of anger, frustration and fear. But make sure she knows she is not alone.
- DON’T BAIL: The more you run from this, the harder it becomes to think and act clearly.
- DON’T PRESSURE HER: Applying pressure will only push her away, possibly into a regretful situation. You will do well to work together as a team.
- DON’T FORGET: You have a very active role in this situation. Listen to input as well as give your thoughts. We offer counseling specifically tailored to the men involved in an unexpected pregnancy.
CALL us for a confidential appointment.